Problem: I am trying to import a schema dump on Oracle XE database on my Windows XP machine. Here is the command I am using

        imp myuser file=mydump.dmp fromuser=myuser touser=mynewuser

I didn't get any problem when I use the same command for importing another schema on local database. Not sure why I am getting this error now.

IMP: ORA-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error

Solution: You need to specify the user and database name when you have more then one databases. So here is the command format you need to use for import.

        imp myuser/mypass@MyDB file=mydump.dmp fromuser=myuser touser=mynewuser

You can try below command if you dont like to specify the password on the command itself.

        imp myuser@MyDB file=mydump.dmp fromuser=myuser touser=mynewuser

Interesting Posts.....

Loading...